Have you ever wondered how possible it is for a Christian to live a life of holiness as commanded by God (Lev 20:26) knowing fully well the nature of man is sinful and bringeth forth evil? Perhaps times without number, you have promised God to repent of those sins that easily beset you, but you still find yourself struggling with same old sins. You are tired of the struggles and wonder if this battle against sin can be won. It is time for you to stop struggling and enter Gods rest through his promise of salvation by faith in Christ Jesus. It is impossible for anyone to live a life of holiness by their strength (Zach 4:6) “it’s not by power nor by might but by my spirit saith the Lord of Host”. Holiness can only be achieved through grace by the power of the Holy Spirit (Ep 2:8-9), when you in total surrender and obedience to God’s word, seek to please the Lord in all your doings by loving the Lord with all your heart, soul and might.
Holiness is an essential part of a Christian life that should never be ignored or taken for granted (Romans 6:23, Hebrews 12:14). It is one of the vital ways to key into God’s Promises for your life. Take for instance Job in the bible, a righteous and holy man in the sight of God. The devil could not attack him because God had made a hedge all around Job, even in his trials, the devil wasn’t permitted to touch his life! God keeps to his promises, but you must do your part to receive it.
Guide towards living a holy life
- Realize that you cannot win the battle of sin by your works (Eph 2:9).
- Have the willingness and desire to genuinely change from old self (Romans 6:1-2).
- Confess your sins to God and ask the Holy spirit for divine help. (1 John 1:9-10).
- Believe your sins are forgiven (Colossians 2:12-14) and you have received grace by faith in Christ to overcome the world (1 John 5:4).
- Continuously meditate on the word of God, let it be the light that guides your feet and the peace that guards your heart (Joshua 1:8).
- Let your faith be evident in your way of living (1 john 2:5-6, Eph 4: 22-23).
- Separate yourself from people or anything that seem to pull you off the path of holiness and righteousness (2 Corinthians 6:14).
Christ has redeemed you from sin when He bore your sins on the cross that you may be the righteousness of God in him. He presents you blameless before the glory of His presence, even as you today decide not to walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8: 1-2, Gal 2:20-21). Amen!!